Everything you've been wondering...FAQ
What is the deposit for?
A non-refundable deposit is required to schedule ANY appointment. The deposit will be credited toward the procedure fees on the day of your service. We require a deposit in an attempt to discourage no shows & to show your investment & sincerity in following through with the procedure that you have booked.
A deposit is required as well as a credit card on file due to protect us from no-shows.
This includes giftcards & other forms of payment.
We have many cleints who are waiting for a spot and late cancelations.
**If canceling/rescheduling within 48 hours, your appointment will be canceled, your deposit will not be transfered to any future appointment and a new appointment will have to be made.
What is the cancelation & no-show policy?
If not, your deposit will not be credited towards your service & you will need to pay a new one when making the new appointment.
-YOU CAN CANCEL ONLINE YOURSELF or CALL 1-800-LUXXBBB and speak to someone.
REMINDER: All appointments can be changed online!
How can I pay?
Please be prepared to pay the total amount with any of these methods during your appointment.
Once your appointment is complete we do not offer refunds for any reason. Opened products cannot be returned for any reason.
Pricing does not include sales tax or service tax. Please expect 6% state sales or service tax to be added at your appointment.
There are levels to pricing by artisit experience. As of 1/1/2021 pricing for Microblading is as follows:
Microshading - $495
Permanent Eyeliner - $300
Microshading - $375
Microshading - $295
I had my brows previously tattooed/microbladed/shaded...can you touch them up or fix them?
- A lot of "touchups" that we see coming from other artists actually require serious & detailed corrective procedures.
- Any significant change in an undesired shape or tone will, in fact, be a corrective procedure & NOT "just a touch up". Prices range from $400-$700.
- All clients coming from other artisit REQUIRE a consultation with Master Artist, Jess before being accepted as a cleint.
- If you fail to follow the above instructions & arrive for a microblading appointment without a prior consultation & have previous work and we are unable to perform your service you will be charged a set up fee of $100.
PLEASE BOOK A CONSULTATION IF YOU HAVE HAD PREVIOUS WORK!
Will I need a touch up?
How long will my brows last?
This is highly dependent on each individual client's skin type, aftercare adherance, skin care routine, UV exposure, health, medications.
Contraindications to Microblading & ALL Permanent Makeup
Pregnant, nursing, have immune conditions, chemo/radiation within 6 months, Surgery within 6 weeks, accutaine within 12 months, botox within 14 days,
What do I need to do before my brow appointment?
Be sure to complete your online consent form prior to your appointment at https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/v/luxxconsent/
We are not responsible for clients failing to avoid or not discolosing their failure to avoid the above requirements.
If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment. (we prefer you to come with as much brow hair as you can so that we can see how much you have to work with)
If you have been on prescription Accutane, you must wait at least 12 months before receiving this procedure.
You must stop using Retinol 2 weeks prior to your appointment & avoid using it for 2 weeks following your appointment. (Use of retinol in the area - for the life of the brows - will cause excessive fading.
If you get Botox regularly please get that done no later than 2 weeks before your appointment. This is to ensure we can make your brows as symmetrical as possible.
Avoid chemical peels at least 4 weeks prior to your appointment.Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning for 2 weeks before and after your procedure. Do not come to your appointment with a sunburn. In this case, email us at least 48 hours prior to your appointment to reschedule.
Avoid alcohol, caffeine, ibuprofen, fish oil, vitamin E, or any blood thinning medication 24 hours prior to your appointment.
If you plan to go on a sunny vacation, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 7 days after the procedure due to the aftercare maintenance.
How do I take care of my brows?
Our aftercare at LUXX is MUCH different than what you may have seen online or been told by friends! You will never experience scabbing or crusty dark brows with the aftercare we perscribe! Follow the instructions precisely for the best healing experience & pigment retention!
We will provide everything you need to take care of your new brows at your first appointment, the rest is up to you!
- With clean hands, wash the area with a gentle cleanser & warm water 2x daily.
- Apply aftercare cream provided by artist for 7 days. Apply a THIN layer 2x a day. (too much will delay healing)
- No rubbing or picking! It may be itchy during the healing process, it’s important not to rub or pick, you may pull out pigment.
- Keep your hair away from your face! Avoid putting bangs over brows for 7 days -this could cause infection.
- Stay out of the sun! UVA exposure has been proven to cause a shift in color, excessive fading as well as pigment migration/blurred strokes. Always use sunglasses or hat. SPF can be used after 7 days.
- No standing water for 7-10 days! No baths/pools/lakes/ocean
- Wash your pillowcase! Using a dirty pillowcase can cause infection. (Back sleeping is better!)
- NO – RETINOL, LASER TREATMENTS, CHEMICAL PEELS, TANNING, GLYCOLIC, AHA near treatment area ever.
- Entire healing process will take from 4 - 6 weeks depending on your body’s regeneration, age, immune system & lifestyle. You may see flakey skin. It is very important not to rub, pick or peel. Itching is normal as skin is repairing itself. Never rub the brows, as it will disturb the natural healing process. The way you take care of your new brows will have great impact on the way it looks. Improper care often results in a patchy brow.
- Note that because of natural skin regeneration, after recovery period brows might appear lighter than original. Often, even with proper care, clients lose original hair strokes, which makes brows look uneven. It is absolutely NORMAL because your natural skin type & skin regeneration is not a process that the artist cannot control. That’s why around 60% of clients need a touch up, to assure that brows are perfectly even & the desired effect was achieved.
- 70% of how your brows heal is dependent upon your aftercare adherence. The artist has done their job, now the rest is up to you, your body chemistry (everyone heals & absorbs pigment differently due to skin type & immune system)
- Contact a physician if you experience signs of infection such as redness, warmth & swelling of pigmented area!
Day-by-Day Healing Guide & Walk Through
Your healing process can definitely have its ups & downs. The color may change over time as you heal & as your body accepts the pigment, but trust us when I say you will LOVE your results.
Use this guide so you know that what you are experiencing IS normal & nearly everyone goes through something similar...
Day 1: I LOVE MY NEWS BROWS! Your brows are fresh, perfect and brand new. What's not to love?
Day 2-5: "These are way too dark & thick." Your brows will actually get a little darker over this period of time, but don't freak out! They will lighten again. They are also a bit swollen so they can appear larger.
Day 4-10: During these days your brows may be itchy or flaky. Make sure to NOT pick or remove the flakes or you may inadvertently remove some of your pigment or introduce infection!
Day 5-14: "My brows have completely fallen off!!" Your brows will appear like they are completely gone during this time as the healing skin is thicker & opaque so you may not be able to see any strokes or pigment, but don't worry - they will still be there! And this is also why it's important to have your touch up.
Days 11-28: "My brows are coming back but they are patchy!" Your brows may appear to be patchy during this part of the healing process. Most of these patches will fill in over time but if for some reason some area doesn't take the touch up will help fill the gap so to speak.
Day 42 (after Perfecting Session): "These are better than I could have ever imagined!!!" And now you are back to the way you felt after the first day!
Microblading or Microshading
Microblading is a unique form of permanent makeup. A hand tool & blade are used to create tiny scratches in the skin into which we deposit pigment. The results are a very natural brow that matches perfectly with your own.
You can find info and photos here.. . Microblading Vs Microshading
How long is the appointment?
Depending on artist, experience, and procedure desired, a Microblading or Microshading appointment is 1.5-3 hours.
Does it hurt?
Pain in relative.
- You also have the option of electing to be numbed prior to the procedure.
(though this does have its con's - faster fading, low pigment retention, blurred strokes, tough skin, etc.)
**If you are on your menstural cycle surign your appointment or are a smoker your pain could be intensified**
What is a Lash Lift?
A Lash Lift is a gentle perm that lifts/curls the base of your lashes and extends them upwards, giving the illusion of longer lashes.
How often can I get a lash lift?
No sooner than 2 months
What are adjustments have been made for COVID-19?
ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR KENTUCKY CLIENTS:
text back the number that texted you before your appointment with your name, vehicle make, vehicle color & wait inside your vehicle.